Join Texas Pediatricians and the AAP as We #VoteKids in the Upcoming Midterms
The national midterm elections will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, when federal, state and local officials across the country will be elected. It is vital that we send candidates who are pro-children to our state Capitol.
The Academy's Get Out the Vote campaign, #VoteKids, encourages pediatricians and others who care for children to vote with kids in mind this election. The campaign website, aap.org/votekids, includes information on what's at stake for children, how and where to register to vote and what you can do to speak up for children at the ballot box.
What You Can Do
The goal of the campaign is to be the voice for children this election, and we need your help. Here are a few things you can do today to make a difference:
Speak up on social media
- Update your social media profile picture now through November 6th to show others that you #VoteKids.
- Visit our Twibbon page for profile picture frames and Facebook cover photos.
- Share messages on Twitter and Facebook found in the #VoteKids Toolkit.
- Take AAP Charlie with you as you advocate for #VoteKids. Click here to download an AAP Charlie sign. Don't forget to show us where he's been! Post pictures to social media using #VoteKids.
Write to your local newspaper
- Using guidelines found in the #VoteKids Toolkit, write an op-ed to your local newspaper explaining why it is important to #VoteKids in November.
- Examples from the 2016 Election: Check out these pieces from pediatricians who wrote in their local newspapers about why it is important to vote with children's needs in mind: The Daily Progress, The Cap Times, The Denver Post, Post-Bulletin, Orlando Sentinel, and the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette.
Download our Rx to Vote to engage parents: English and Spanish
- Pediatricians can give parents a prescription to vote for children this November. Download our Rx to Vote and hand it out to parents during check-ups. Click here for the Spanish version.
- Pediatricians can give young voters a prescription to vote this November. Download our Young Voter Rx to Vote and hand it out to patients during check-ups. Click here for the Spanish version.