Resources for Your Practice and Vaccine Promotion to Parents
The Texas Pediatric Society has partnered with the American Academy of Pediatrics to motivate parents to vaccinate their adolescents against COVID-19. This new video, “Ready for This,” urges parents to vaccinate their adolescents so they can participate in all the fun activities they have been missing during the pandemic. Similar to the “Call Your Pediatrician” campaign video released earlier this year, TPS encourages our pediatricians to showcase the video in their office waiting rooms, on social media, and include in communication to parents.
Vaccine Administration Information
- Enroll Now: In anticipation of the expansion of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine’s Emergency Use Authorization to include adolescents ages 12 year and older, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Immunization Unit is encouraging all pediatric providers to enroll in the COVID-19 Vaccine Program. While the exact timeline for the expanded authorization is unknown, all interested pediatric providers should enroll now at EnrollTexasIZ.dshs.texas.gov. Read details here.
- Interested in Running a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic?
- Best Practices for a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic: Planning
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine in Adolescents Aged 12–15 Years — United States, May 2021
- CDC Infographic: Comparing COVID-19 Vaccines