What does TPS offer their resident section members?
- Compete in the annual Jacobi Jug, a fast paced competition held in conjunction with the TPS Annual Meeting.
- Submit an electronic poster for the e-poster contest. Winners attend and present at the TPS annual meeting.
- Participate in the TPS Resident/Medical Student Advocacy Day each year in February/March.*Check out the TPS Facebook page for pictures and comments about the 2016 event.
- Join a TPS Committee. TPS residents and fellows can participate on a committee from August 1 - July 31 each year, but you can join at any point throughout the year! Click here for a list of committee descriptions and the committee online application.
- Receive special invites to TPS events, like the TPS Annual Leadership Planning Summit, or TPS Annual Meeting.
- Get quick access to AAP resources and links.
Advocacy Day and new Resident/Fellow section material at the TPS Annual Meeting.
MISSION DRIVEN COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION
TPS residents and fellows can participate on a committee - Click here for a list of committee descriptions and the committee online application.
Get to know your future colleagues.
FISCAL AGENT FOR AAP GRANTS
Always check our website for the most current grants available.
Check out who is representing your program on the TPS Resident Executive Planning Committee. Feel free to contact your school representative with any ideas or feedback!
For $15, you can become a member, apply here. Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check.
Annual E-Poster Contest Winners
The competition will take place on Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 3:45-5PM as an approved CME session. Sign-up soon as space is limited. We suggest choosing a “team lead” at your program to coordinate those interested and then send a list with the names, emails and levels to the TPS Membership Services Manager at email@example.com. Due to the high level of interest, to determine which resident programs will participate, there will be a drawing on Friday September 8th. Six teams will be selected for the competition this year. The winning team will receive trophies to take back to their program!
Congratulations to Driscoll Children's Hospital for their win of the Jacobi Jug in the annual jeopardy contest held in conjunction with the 2016 Annual Meeting! Thank you to all of the teams that participated in this year’s competition, it was a great success.
Past Winners of the Jacobi Jug:
2016 - Driscoll Childrens Hospital
2015- Baylor College of Medicine
2014- University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio
2013- Children's Medical Center/UT Southwestern
2012- Children's Medical Center/UT Southwestern
2011 - Driscoll Children's Hospital Corpus Christi
2010 - University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio
CPTI Newsletter highlights CATCH and other opportunities relevant to residency programs.
TPS is considered District 7 of the AAP, check out who's your AAP District 7 Resident Coordinators.
5 Advocacy modules on AAP website: AAP Pediatric Residency Advocacy Training Curriculum.
What happens after Residency? Check out AAP's life after residency.
For additional information about the Resident/Fellow Section, please contact:
Crystal Healey, Membership Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701