What does TPS offer their resident/fellow section members?
ACTIVITIES and ENGAGEMENT:
- Submit an electronic poster for the e-poster contest that generally runs from March to May. Winners attend and present at the TPS annual meeting.
- Participate in the TPS Resident/Medical Student Advocacy Day each year in February/March.Check out the TPS Facebook page for pictures from the 2018 event.
- Join a TPS Committee. TPS residents and fellows can participate on a committee from August 1 - July 31 each year, but you can join at any point throughout the year! Click here for a list of committee descriptions and the committee online application.
- Attend the Saturday resident/fellow section session dedicated to help grow your professional development.
- Compete in the annual Jacobi Jug, a fast paced competition held in conjunction with the TPS Annual Meeting.
- Receive special invites to TPS events, like the TPS Annual Leadership Planning Summit, or TPS Annual Meeting.
- Get quick access to AAP resources and links.
Advocacy Day, this one-day event was to engage the next generation of pediatricians in the legislative process by providing the knowledge, skills, and opportunity to successfully advocate on behalf of patients and the profession of medicine.
TPS offers a special section program specifically for residents, fellows and medical students in conjunction with the TPS Annual Meeting. During their dedicated program, attendees can experience: Specialty Speed Networking, updates from TPS and AAP leadership, and the popular Jacobi Jug. The program provides attendees a great opportunity to network with physicians and friends. Past sessions include, a session on the physician’s role in using “magic” as a clinical tool to reduce anxiety and provide a distraction to patients, and Forensic Pediatrics -How to discuss difficult topics such child abuse and what role does the physician play in the reporting of child abuse.
MISSION DRIVEN COMMITTEE PARTICIPATION
TPS residents and fellows can participate on a committee - Click here for a list of committee descriptions and the committee online application.
Get to know your future colleagues at TPS events.
Current TPS Resident Planning Subcommittee members:
|TTUHSC - Lubbock||Mickinzie Morgan, MD|
|UT Austin Dell Medical School Pediatric Residency||Michael Dickson, MD|
|TTUHSC El Paso (Alternate Board Rep)||Ohmed Khilji, MD|
|Baylor College of Medicine||Stephanie Fontin, MD|
|UT Health Houston (Board Representative)||Emily Hopkins, MD|
FISCAL AGENT FOR AAP GRANTS
Always check our website for the most current grants available.
Check out who is representing your program on the TPS Resident Executive Planning Committee. Feel free to contact your school representative with any ideas or feedback!
For $15, you can become a member, apply here. Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check.
Annual E-Poster Contest Winners
Congratulations to the following teams to compete in the 2018 Jacobi Jug Competition:
2018 Winner: Baylor College of Medicine-Houston - returning 2017 champions
2018 Winner: Baylor College of Medicine-San Antonio
Driscoll Children's Hospital - returning 2017 champions
Baylor Scott & White
UT Health Houston
In 2018, the competition took place on Saturday, September 8 from 3:45-5PM as an approved CME session. Congratulations to Baylor College of Medicine (returning 2017 champions) and Baylor College of Medicine- San Antonio for their winning tie of the Jacobi Jug in the annual jeopardy contest held in conjunction with the 2018 Annual Meeting! Thank you to all of the teams that participated in this year’s competition, it was a great success.