(Photo) TPS 2016 Poster winners at the Annual Meeting Awards Luncheon
TPS Annual Resident/Fellow and Medical Student E-Poster Contest is Open!
The primary goal of the TPS Poster Contest is to feature and showcase research and education projects of Texas Pediatric residents/fellows as well as medical students who are interested in pediatrics.
Below are the deadlines for 2018 E-Poster submissions.
- Contest opens on Friday March 9, 2018.
- Poster Submissions due Monday May 14, 2018 at 6 am (must be a TPS member at the type of submission).
- Winners will be notified in early July and posted online.
To view 2017 winners for reference, you can go to our Winners page.
Below is the information needed to submit your entry.
Poster Promotional Flyer (click here to see all you need to know about the poster contest)
Poster Template (vertical format is REQUIRED but you can edit font, color scheme and your institution's logo)
Remember you MUST be a TPS Member to enter contest.
Become a member for only $15, apply here! Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check to:
Crystal Healey, Member Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701
FAX: (512) 473-8659
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
- Single or Multiple Case Presentation
- Evidence-Based Medicine/Quality Improvement
- Hypothesis-Driven Project
Children Advocacy encouraged under Evidence Based Medicine and Hypothesis-Driven Project.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ON THE POSTER?
- Title, Author and Affiliation
- Abstract (one paragraph max.)
- Background and purpose/objectives
- Description of intervention/study
- Most relevant references
HOW DOES THE POSTER NEED TO LOOK?
- PowerPoint Presentations ONLY. Must use Standardized TPS Presentation Template (you may adjust the colors and font).
- Vertical formatting per the template.
- Submit electronically, via new online application by deadline.
- 12 point font or larger.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Contest is open to students, residents and fellows who are enrolled in a Texas medical school or a Texas Residency/Fellow program AND are current medical student or resident/fellow members of TPS.
- Co-authorship from other specialties and faculty is permitted, but the Primary Author must be a student or resident/fellow member of TPS.
- Third year residents are also eligible but must supply future contact information.
Primary author may submit a presentation for each category but not multiple for the same category
WHAT ARE MY DEADLINES?
- Must apply for membership, if not already a member by May 14, 2018.
- Deadline for presentations is no later than 6:00 AM on May 14, 2018. Entries are accepted electronically here.
- Judging will be conducted by volunteers TPS members.
- Winning Presentations will be announced and posted on the TPS website in July.
ELECTRONIC POSTER CONTEST EVALUATION CRITERIA: (based on a 1-5 scale, 1= does not meet expectations)
- Connection: Relevance & Applicability to child health, practice, or education; why this is important.
- Creativity: Originality of topic, methods, etc.
- Clarity: Visual-format graphics flow
- Concordance: Logic- title, objectives, conclusions all connect
- Content: Scientific Quality- hypothesis-driven, methods, evidence-based, interpretations, impact
- Completeness: Thoroughness & quality of literature review & /or scientific quality/scholarship performance