(Photo) TPS 2016 Poster winners at the Annual Meeting Awards Luncheon
TPS Annual Resident/Fellow and Medical Student Sections
The 2017 E-Poster Contest submission has passed. The deadline for 2018 poster entries will be announced soon. To view 2017 winners for reference, you can go to our Winners page.
Below is the information needed to submit your entry.
Poster Entry Application - coming soon!
Poster Template (vertical format - REQUIRED but you can edit font and color scheme)
Poster Promotional Flyer
|2016 POSTER WINNERS|
Remember you MUST be a TPS Member to enter contest.
Become a member for only $15, apply here! Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check to:
Crystal Healey, Member Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701
FAX: (512) 473-8659
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
- Single or Multiple Case Presentation
- Evidence Based Medicine/Quality Improvement
- Hypothesis-Driven Project
Children Advocacy encouraged under Evidence Based Medicine and Hypothesis-Driven Project.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ON THE POSTER?
- Title, Author and Affiliation
- Abstract (one paragraph max.)
- Background and purpose/objectives
- Description of intervention/study
- Most relevant references
HOW DOES THE POSTER NEED TO LOOK?
- PowerPoint Presentations ONLY. Must use Standardized TPS Presentation Template (you may adjust the colors and font).
- Vertical formatting per the template.
- Submit electronically, via new online application by deadline.
- 12 point font or larger.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Contest is open to students, residents and fellows who are enrolled in a Texas medical school or a Texas Residency/Fellow program AND are current Medical Student or Resident/Fellow members of TPS.
- Co-authorship from other specialties and faculty is permitted, but the Primary Author must be a student or resident/fellow member of TPS.
- Third year residents are also eligible but must supply future contact information.
Primary author may submit a presentation for each category but not multiple for the same category
WHAT ARE MY DEADLINES?
- Must apply for membership, if not already a member by May 22, 2017.
- Deadline for presentations is no later than 6:00 AM on May 22, 2017. Email your final presentation and poster application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judging will be conducted by the TPS Resident Poster subcommittee.
- Winning Presentations will be announced and posted on the TPS website in July.
2015 ELECTRONIC POSTER CONTEST EVALUATION CRITERIA: (based on a 1-5 scale, 1= does not meet expectations)
- Connection: Relevance & Applicability to child health, practice, or education; why this is important.
- Creativity: Originality of topic, methods, etc.
- Clarity: Visual-format graphics flow
- Concordance: Logic- title, objectives, conclusions all connect
- Content: Scientific Quality- hypothesis-driven, methods, evidence-based, interpretations, impact
- Completeness: Thoroughness & quality of literature review & /or scientific quality/scholarship performance