Children with Disabilities
- ADHD Resources: A resource list for parents of children with ADHD. Compiled by the leadership team of the TPS CQN ADHD Project, December 2015.
- The "Learn the Signs. Act Early" campaign has developed a free resource kit of materials on child development and autism for day care providers and teachers to share with parents of children in their care. The Child Care Provider Resource Kit, along with resources for parents and pediatricians, are available for free at www.cdc.gov/actearly.
- Navigate Life Texas: A website for families of children with disabilities. A project of the Task Force for Children with Special Needs.
- Texas Health Care Information Collection (THCIC)
- Information About Health Care Coverage in Texas
- Texas Health Insurance Risk Pool Information
- Understanding Insurance-Speak for Patients
Parenting Tools for Childhood Obesity:
- PH Behavior Guidelines
- PH Lifestyle Guidelines
- PH Nutrition Guidelines
- PH Nutrition Quiz
- Fuel Up to Play 60
- Need to file a complaint against a physician? Visit the Texas Medical Board website.
- Struggling with the new eligibility system for public benefits? CPPP’s “Who to Contact” list.
- Pathways.org: A website to empower parents and health professionals with free tools and resources to maximize children’s motor, sensory, and communication development. Click here for their most recent article.
- Bright Futures Patient/Parent Education Handouts provide an opportunity to recall important topics discussed during the visit. They summarize information related to each of the 5 Bright Futures priorities for each visit, and are available in English and Spanish. These handouts can also be found as part of the Core Tools on the Bright Futures Tool and Resource Kit Web pages.
- Cord blood banking: information on donating and storing umbilical cord blood to help children survive over 80 diseases including leukemia, lymphoma, and anemia
- cordbloodguide.com: a free downloadable guide and user-friendly content related to cord blood and how cord blood banking works.
- Texas Pediatric Society Obesity Toolkit: offers videos and handouts to help parents partner with pediatric providers in the prevention and care of children with obesity.