From engaging our members as medical students through to retirement as a Life Member, Texas Pediatric Society offers an array of services throughout your pediatric career. We have opportunities throughout the year that fit your area of expertise and pediatric interest. See Who We Are Today.
- Advocate for public health issues such as immunizations, childhood abuse and neglect, childhood obesity, disabilities, and more for you and your patients,
- Work to improve issues that affect the quality of care and the profession of pediatrics,
- Partner with state agencies to tackle regulatory, socioeconomic, and public health policy issues, and
- Promote access to care under the Medicaid Home Model.
- Address pertinent health topics, initiatives, and projects through our 16 different committees,
- Plan educational curriculum and programs,
- Make your voice heard in the Society’s itinerary, policies, and legislative agenda, and
- Recommend representatives for positions on state, TMA, and AAP boards, councils and committees.
- Receive discounted conference and seminar fees,
- Submit a CME proposal during the call for the Annual Meeting,
- Attend CME-approved scientific programs, plenary sessions and subspecialty seminars,
- Stay updated with pediatric practice seminars with accomplished professional speakers, and
- Join in on informational sessions via our webinar series without leaving your home or office.
- Be informed about documents posted on the TPS Website only visible to members,
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter regarding the latest health care trends and topics,
- Download patient important information, and
- Post a classified such as job listings for pediatricians, office personnel, and allied health positions, as well as career or educational opportunities, products and services, practices, homes, travel and leisure.
- Chair or co-chair one of our 16 committees,
- Attend our Annual Leadership Planning Summit,
- Become an elected AAP and TMA Delegate to represent the profession of pediatrics, and
- Recognize pediatric champions with the Charles W. Daeschner, Jr, MD Lifetime Achievement Award, the Sidney Kaliski Award of Merit, the Distinguished Service Award and Special Advocacy Awards.
- Access to hands-on help with coding and reimbursement questions,
- Engage in our website blogging feature that provides you a forum for discussion on topics of interest, instant feedback, and the opportunity to interface with other practices, and
- Representation at regular meetings with both public and private payers.
- Medical Student Section, through the pediatric preceptorship program, membership is free. This section meets annually in connection with the TPS Annual Meeting,
- Resident Section receives a special track of educational sessions, wins cash and recognition in the Electronic Poster Exhibit contest, and will publish and display your research,
- Early Career Physician Section provides a means for physicians under the age of 40 to participate in activities and programs relevant to the physician just entering practice,
- Office Manager Section provides your office managers tools to run your practice.
For additional information please contact:
Director of Membership Services
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701