Apply ONLINE or download a Membership Application Form in PDF! or click to RENEW.
What can TPS do for you now?
- Gain leadership experience by becoming a member of one of our 15 TPS Committees.
- Monthly e-newsletters with the most-up-to date TPS news.
- Members only discounts.
- Educational Opportunities through various outlets like TPS’s annual conference.
- A voice in TPS Legislative priorities with opportunities to build an effective career and advocacy network.
- Partnerships with other healthcare associations and state agencies like the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), Children’s Hospital Association of Texas and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Representation in AAP national objectives.
- Access to electronic resources.
- Free membership for office manager staff.
What can I expect as a member of TPS?
Discounted registration fees, webinars, and training workshops.
Representation at the Texas AND national Capitol. We will keep you informed about the healthcare issues and initiatives facing our children and the profession of pediatrics.
Ability to join committees, councils and sections, participate in collaborative initiatives and coalitions, and explore leadership opportunities.
Assistance with practice management issues, online to members-only exclusives, publications and access to targeted resources.
TPS Membership Types
Membership in the Texas Pediatric Society is attained by qualifying for one of the following categories of membership:
- Active Members (Online Application): Any physician who is a resident of Texas, holding a current Texas medical license, who has graduated from an approved medical school and completed an approved pediatric training program of two or more years. This category includes those who are pediatric subspecialist. Dues: $220
- Associate Members (Online Application): Physicians who qualify for Associate Membership are out-of-state pediatricians, physicians involved in a medical discipline other than pediatrics (ex: Family Physicians, Internal Medicine), or a dentist who treats children. Associate Members may serve on committees but may not vote or hold office. Dues: $220
- Residents/Fellows (Online Application): Any resident or fellow currently enrolled in an approved Texas pediatric training or fellowship program. Dues: $15
- Student Member (Online Application): Any medical student currently enrolled in an approved Texas medical school. Medical Students who have completed the General Texas Pediatric Preceptorship Program are automatically enrolled as Student Members in the Society and the annual dues are paid through Preceptorship Program funds. Student members may serve on committees, but may not vote or hold office. Dues $15
How do I join?
The Texas Pediatric Society has a 12 month anniversary year.
- Indicate on your AAP dues notice that you would like to join TPS by checking the box marked “Texas Chapter”, if you already an AAP member go online to add Texas Chapter Dues or call (800) 433-9016.
- Complete the Membership Application and submit $220 to the TPS office, or
- Fill out an application and submit $220 to the Membership Services Manager, contact information below.
Medical Student Membership (online)
For Members Services Information, contact:
Membership Services Manager
Texas Pediatric Society
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682 Austin, Texas 78701
P: (512) 370-1517
F: (512) 473-8659