The Texas Health and Human Services Commission has released an End of Continuous Medicaid Eligibility Ambassador Toolkit to help members, providers, health plans, and advocates prepare for the end of continuous Medicaid coverage tied to the public health emergency.
States have been prohibited from disenrolling anyone who enrolled in Medicaid as of March 18, 2020 or who enrolled while the public health emergency (PHE) was in place as a part of the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act. HHSC is working with stakeholders on planning and communication to prevent erroneous loss of coverage when Medicaid redeterminations resume at the conclusion of the PHE. On July 15, the PHE was extended for an additional 90 days.
Key Messages - Actions Members Can Take Now
- Sign up for an account at YourTexasBenefits.com or on the Your Texas Benefits mobile app.
- Report any changes to contact information to ensure any notices are received.
- Return renewal packets or requests for information as soon as possible.
Resources for Physician/Office Communications:
- End of Continuous Coverage Flyer - English, Spanish
- Social Media Graphics and Sample Posts - English, Spanish
- Key Member Talking Points - English, Spanish
Resources for Clients:
- Member FAQs - English, Spanish
- Create a Your Texas Benefits Account Handout - English, Spanish
- Renew Your Benefits Handout - English, Spanish
- Report Changes Handout - English, Spanish