ABOUT THE EARLY CAREER PHYSICIAN SECTION
The goal is to help the Early Career Physicians Section (ECPS) establish peer networks in new cities, practices and identify specific interests relevant to the physician just entering practice. Early Career Physicians can join TPS committees as representatives of ECPS to voice the concerns, coordinate programs and activities that further enhance the practice of medicine. TPS offers leadership opportunities for all stages of a pediatrician’s career.
Check out the Texas Pediatric Society Membership Offers and our engagement opportunities.
HOW CAN YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF THE SECTION?
First, you must be a member of the TPS. Physicians 40 and under or who have been in practice 5 years or less are automatically in the section andd can participate in the activities below. If you have been in practice for less than 5 years but are not receiving specail ECP invitations please contact the Director of Members Services below.
WHAT ARE SOME ECP ACTIVITIES?
- ECP board position - A current TPS member in good standing of the chapter according to the Bylaws and meets the following section qualifications; physicians 40 and under or who have been in practice 5 years or less can participate. Responsible for the section's initiatives and projects. Leads the ECP sub-committee. TPS board representative for 2021-22 is Hilda Loria, MD, MPH, FAAP, Dallas.
- ECP sub-committee: Volunteer to participate to help plan section initiatives, produce new material and resources for TPS ECPs, communicate TPS membership benefits, activities, and events that will help develop relationships across the state. Email the TPS Director of Member Services Crystal Healey to find out more information on how to participate.
- ECP award: Recognizes a TPS member resident or early career physician for exemplary service to the Texas Pediatric Society. See past winners since the awards' inception in 2015 here. Call for nominations goes out annually in February.
Connecting and Educating
- ECP focused CME sessions at Annual Meeting such as burnout and wellness.
- ECP meetups/happy hour in conjunction with the Annual Meeting, local members are invited to join without registering for the meeting!
- ECP local invitations to TPS events and dinners.
Let us know how any resources and activities that would be helpful as you start your career. Email TPS Director of Member Services Crystal Healey.
Information provided by Texas Academy of Family Physicians
EARLY CAREER PHYSICIAN RESOURCES
AAP Early Career Physician Section
AAP YPS Newsletter
Just finishing up residency? Check out AAP's Life After Residency and the AAP's Young Physician's Guide
For more information contact
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701