TPS Annual Medical Student and Resident/Fellow Sections
Electronic Poster Exhibit Contest for 2015 is now CLOSED.
Poster submissions were due by 10AM on May 12, 2015.
Poster Entry Application (Now Closed)
Poster Template (vertical format - REQUIRED but you can edit font and color scheme)
Winning Presentations 2010-2014
|2014 POSTER WINNERS|
Remember you MUST be a TPS Member to enter contest.
Become a member for only $15, apply here! Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check to:
Claire Foster, Membership Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701
FAX: (512) 473-8659
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
- Single or Multiple Case Presentation
- Evidence Based Medicine/Quality Improvement
- Hypothesis-Driven Project
Children Advocacy encouraged under Evidence Based Medicine and Hypothesis-Driven Project.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ON THE POSTER?
- Title, Author and Affiliation
- Abstract (one paragraph max.)
- Background and purpose/objectives
- Description of intervention/study
- Most relevant references
HOW DOES THE POSTER NEED TO LOOK?
- PowerPoint Presentations ONLY. Must use Standardized TPS Presentation Template (you may adjust the colors and font).
- Vertical formatting per the template.
- Submit electronically, via new online application by deadline.
- 12 point font or larger.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Contest is open to students, residents and fellows who are enrolled in a Texas medical school or a Texas Residency/Fellow program AND are current Medical Student or Resident/Fellow members of TPS.
- Co-authorship from other specialties and faculty is permitted, but the Primary Author must be a student or resident/fellow member of TPS.
- Third year residents are also eligible but must supply future contact information.
WHAT ARE MY DEADLINES?
- Must apply for membership, if not already a member by May 11, 2015.
- Deadline for presentations is no later than 10:00 AM on May 12, 2015. Email your final presentation and poster application to Claire.email@example.com.
- Judging will be conducted by the TPS Resident Poster subcommittee.
- Winning Presentations will be announced and posted on the TPS website July 1, 2015.
2015 ELECTRONIC POSTER CONTEST EVALUATION CRITERIA: (based on a 1-5 scale, 1= does not meet expectations)
- Connection: Relevance & Applicability to child health, practice, or education; why this is important.
- Creativity: Originality of topic, methods, etc.
- Clarity: Visual-format graphics flow
- Concordance: Logic- title, objectives, conclusions all connect
- Content: Scientific Quality- hypothesis-driven, methods, evidence-based, interpretations, impact
- Completeness: Thoroughness & quality of literature review & /or scientific quality/scholarship performance