The Child Psychiatry Access Network (CPAN) is a network of academic hubs that provides telemedicine-based consultation, care coordination, and training to pediatric providers to assist them with identifying mental health issues in their patients.
How does CPAN Work?
- Register by phone or online. Call us at (888) 901-CPAN (2726) #8 or complete the enrollment provider form.
- Upon enrollment, your facility will be assigned a primary hub within your region.
- When you want help, call us at (888) 901-CPAN (2726) to speak with a pediatric psychiatrist or mental health clinician. Our goal is to return your call within 30 minutes or less.
- We will let you know when free CMEs are available to you.
What can you expect as a participating provider?
- For individual primary care providers: Prompt access to a child psychiatrist for phone consultation on medication questions, including follow-ups.
- For practices that have behavioral health clinicians: Expert consultation on difficult cases.
- For pediatric health homes: Help to fully incorporate behavioral services into the practice through access to a child psychiatrist.
CPAN Upcoming Webinars and Events
The member institutions of the Child Psychiatry Access Network (CPAN) are hosting a variety of webinars on topics in child and adolescent mental health. These webinars are free and provide CMEs for relevant providers:
May 13, 2021; 12:30 – 1:30 CT
Pediatric Mental Health Series for Central Texas Primary Care Physicians: Kids, Families, & Healthy Sleep
May 14, 2021: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., CST
May 19, 2021: 12 - 1 p.m.
Screening for Childhood Abuse & Trauma in Primary Care
May 26, 2021: 12-1 p.m.
On The Dot: Effective Diagnosis & Treatment of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
May 27, 2021: 11 a.m.-noon, CST
June 11, 2021: 11 a.m.-noon, CST
Mindful Communication in Medicine
June 24, 2021: 11 a.m.-noon, CST
Novel Drug Abuse in Youth
Past Webinars (CMEs still available)
- Treatment of ADHD in the Primary Care Setting, Presented by Lauren Havel, MD
- Disruptive Mood Disorder, Presented by Sarah Martin, MD and Melissa Carrasco-Herrera, M.Ed., LPC-S
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Depression for the Pediatric Primary Care Provider, Presented by Mili Khandheria, M.D., M.B.A.
- ADHD Medication Management & Pearls, Presented by Claire Selinger, M.D.
- The Management of ADHD for the Pediatric Primary Care Provider
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Depression
- Approach to Managing Anxiety for the Pediatric Primary Care Provider
CPAN Geographic Regions
The map below indicates the medical institutions responsible for responding to calls in the different regions of Texas.