The following information was sent to TPS on 6/29/20 from HHSC Chief Medical Director Dr. Van Ramshorst regarding COVID-19-Related Flexibilities Extended Through July 31, 2020:
"We wanted to make you aware that HHSC has recently moved to extend a variety of the Medicaid/CHIP flexibilities through July 31, 2020.
While we anticipate that the official TMHP notices will be posted shortly to the TMHP provider-facing COVID-19 website, we wanted to proactively call to your attention a few of these newly extended flexibilities critical for frontline providers:
- Telemedicine/audio only delivery of Texas Health Steps “well child” check-ups (original notice posted to TMHP 5/12/2020)
- Telemedicine/audio only delivery of “acute care” E&M codes (99201-99205; 99211-99215) (original notice posted to TMHP 3/20/2020)
- Telemedicine/audio only delivery of certain behavioral health services (90791, 90792, 90832, 90834, 90837, 90846, 90847, 90853, H0038, 99408, G2011, H0049, H0001, H0004, H0005, H0034, H2011, H2012, H2014, H2017) (original notice posted to TMHP 3/20/2020)
- FQHC and RHC reimbursement for telemedicine and telehealth services (original notice posted to TMHP 4/2/2020)
- Waiver of office visit co-pays in CHIP (original notice posted to TMHP 4/2/2020)
Please note that this a non-exhaustive list of extensions. We anticipate that our provider-facing COVID-19 website will be updated shortly to reflect these extensions."