Thursday, October 15, 2020
Catch 'Em Early, Catch 'Em Young: Behavioral Health Screening Ethics
- Describe the prevalence of behavioral health problems in the primary care setting.
- Identify the screening schedule recommended by the AAP and common behavioral health screening tools.
- Describe next steps following positive behavioral health screening result.
Speakers: Nhung T. Tran, MD, FAAP
First Do No Harm: Diagnosing and Evaluating Eating and Weight Concerns
- Recognize the presentation of eating disorders, specifically, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge-eating disorder and (ARFID) avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.
- Describe the appropriate initial evaluation and management of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder.
- Identify sources of support for patients, families and providers.
Meera S. Beharry, MD, FSAHM
Anxiety in Children: Understanding the Disorders and How to Manage and Treat Them Ethics
- Describe the epidemiology of anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
- Recognize the neurobiology of anxiety and signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
- Summarize the pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic management of anxiety disorders.
Asna Matin, MD