The 2022 Committee Member Nominations process. All nominations are due by Friday, February 18, 2022.
The AAP Board of Directors is soliciting nominations to fill member vacancies in the following AAP National Committees for terms beginning July 1, 2022:
- Committee on Adolescence
- Committee on Child Health Financing
- Committee on Coding and Nomenclature
- Committee on Development
- Committee on Drugs
- Committee on Federal Government Affairs
- Committee on Fetus and Newborn
- Committee on Infectious Diseases
- Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management
- Committee on Native American Child Health
- Committee on Nutrition
- Committee on Pediatric AIDS
- Committee on Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Committee on Pediatric Research
- Committee on Pediatric Workforce
- Committee on Practice & Ambulatory Medicine
- Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child & Family Health
- Committee on Substance Use and Prevention
- Council on Children and Disasters
- Council on Immigrant Child and Family Health
- Payer Advocacy Advisory Committee
You can find the requirements, the statements of needs for each position, and the application materials on AAP.org. To be considered complete, an application must include a (1) factsheet, (2) biographical summary, (3) letter of nomination, and (4) letter of support. Once submitted, candidates will receive a request to complete their Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Completion of this disclosure will finalize the application process.
As part of the AAP Equity Agenda, the Board of Directors is committed to increasing the percentage of members from groups underrepresented in medicine that are serving in Academy leadership positions. Diverse candidates in terms of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin are encouraged to apply. To ensure a diverse pool of applications, the call for nominations will be widely distributed.
The deadline for nominations is February 18, 2022. Nominees must submit the completed application package to their Chapter President and the AAP Nominations Team (email@example.com). The AAP Board of Directors will meet in May 2022 to review nominations and make final appointments.
Thank you for your review and contribution to the nominations process of AAP National Committees for the 2022 term. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.