- About TPS
- Membership Information
- Annual Meeting
- Preceptorship Program
- TPS Foundation
- Additional Resources
From matching our members as medical students through the Pediatric Preceptorship Program to retirement as a Life Member, Texas Pediatric Society offers an array of services throughout your pediatric career. See What We Have Done Lately.
- Advocate for public health issues such as immunizations, childhood abuse and neglect, childhood obesity, disabilities, and more for you and your patients,
- Work to improve issues that affect the quality of care and the profession of pediatrics,
- Partner with state agencies to tackle regulatory, socioeconomic, and public health policy issues, and
- Promote access to care under the Medicaid Home Model.
- Address pertinent health topics, initiatives, and projects through our 18 different committees,
- Plan educational curriculum and programs,
- Make your voice heard in the Society’s itinerary, policies, and legislative agenda, and
- Recommend representatives for positions on state, TMA, and AAP boards, councils and committees.
- Receive discounted conference and seminar fees,
- Attend CME-approved scientific programs, plenary sessions and subspecialty seminars,
- Stay updated with pediatric practice seminars with accomplished professional speakers, and
- Join in on informational sessions via our webinar series without leaving your home or office.
- Be informed about documents posted on the TPS Website only visible to members,
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter regarding the latest health care trends and topics,
- Download patient important information, and
- Post a classified such as job listings for pediatricians, office personnel, and allied health positions, as well as career or educational opportunities, products and services, practices, homes, travel and leisure.
- Chair or co-chair one of our 17 committees,
- Attend our Annual Leadership Planning Summit,
- Become an elected AAP and TMA Delegate to represent the profession of pediatrics, and
- Recognize pediatric champions with the Charles W. Daeschner, Jr, MD Lifetime Achievement Award, the Sidney Kaliski Award of Merit, the Distinguished Service Award and Special Advocacy Awards.
- Access to hands-on help with coding and reimbursement questions,
- Engage in our website blogging feature that provides you a forum for discussion on topics of interest, instant feedback, and the opportunity to interface with other practices, and
- Representation at regular meetings with both public and private payers.
- Medical Student Section, through the pediatric preceptorship program, membership is free. This section meets annually in connection with the TPS Annual Meeting,
- Resident Section receives a special track of educational sessions, wins cash and recognition in the Electronic Poster Exhibit contest, and will publish and display your research,
- Young Physicians Section provides a means for physicians under the age of 40 to participate in activities and programs relevant to the physician just entering practice,
- Office Manager Section provides your office managers tools to run your practice.
For additional information please contact:
Crystal Healey, Membership Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701