TPS is Proud to Announce
The 11th Annual Resident/Fellow Section
Electronic Poster Exhibit Contest is Now Open!
Contest will close on May 12, 2014 at 8 am.
Submit your entry and entry application all through our new webform!
Poster Template (vertical format - REQUIRED but you can edit font and color scheme)
Winning Presentations 2010-2013
Remember you MUST be a TPS Member to enter contest.
Become a member for only $15, apply here! Not sure if your program pays for membership? Contact us regarding Membership. You can also download a paper membership application (PDF) and fax/scan/mail with a check to:
Rachel Mullin, Membership Services Manager
401 West 15th Street, Suite 682
Austin, Texas 78701
FAX: (512) 473-8659
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
- Single or Multiple Case Presentation
- Evidence Based Medicine/Quality Improvement
- Hypothesis-Driven Project
Children Advocacy encouraged within Critical Appraisal of Literature and Hypothesis-Driven Project.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE ON THE POSTER?
- Title, Author and Affiliation
- Abstract (one paragraph max.)
- Background and purpose/objectives
- Description of intervention/study
- Most relevant references
HOW DOES THE POSTER NEED TO LOOK?
- PowerPoint Presentations ONLY. Must use Standardized TPS Presentation Template (you may adjust the colors and font).
- Vertical formatting per the template.
- Submit electronically, via new online application by deadline.
- 12 point font or larger.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Contest is open to residents and fellows who are enrolled in a Texas Residency/Fellow program AND are current Resident/Fellow members of TPS.
- Co-authorship from other specialties and faculty is permitted, but the Primary Author must be a resident/fellow member of TPS.
- Third year residents are also eligible but must supply future contact information.
WHAT ARE MY DEADLINES?
- Must apply for membership, if not already a member by May 11, 2014.
- Deadline for presentations is no later than 8:00 AM on May 12, 2014. Email your final presentation and poster application to Rachel.email@example.com.
- Judging will be conducted by the TPS Resident Poster subcommittee.
- Winning Presentations will be announced and posted on the TPS website July 1, 2014.
2013 ELECTRONIC POSTER CONTEST EVALUATION CRITERIA: (based on a 1-10 scale, 1 being poor)
**Subject to change in 2014- will post updated criteria when established**
- Relevance of Poster Topic to Children's Health
- Originality of Poster Topic
- Quality of Scientific Method (Thoroughness and Quality of the Literature Review)
- Scientific Content
- Quality of Poster Presentation Itself
- Applicability to Pediatric Practice/ Education